Thank you for your passionate commitment to Pitt Athletics. Your loyal support has been vital as we strive for comprehensive excellence in each of our 19 intercollegiate athletic programs.
For far too long a significant percentage of our student-athletes have been forced to compete in facilities that do not reflect the lofty standards and aspirations of the University of Pittsburgh. That will change with the launch of our Victory Heights Campaign, providing Pitt’s student-athletes and coaches with the necessary resources to train, recruit, compete and achieve at the highest levels.
You are a vital teammate as we strive to make our championship dreams a reality. Thank you for support of these exciting new giving opportunities that will usher in a new Golden Era for Pitt Athletics!
HAIL TO PITT!
— Heather Lyke
Director of Athletics
Moving Victory Heights from vision to reality is a team effort—and a powerful investment that will elevate the world of Pitt Athletics. In supporting this campaign, you will be helping us build unparalleled opportunities and elite facilities that our student-athletes need to train, compete and thrive.
— Chancellor Gallagher
Project InformationVictory Heights Masterplan
January 14, 2020
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
- Arena & Sports Performance ComplexMore
This keystone building becomes the new home for Volleyball, Gymnastics, and Wrestling - three of Pitt’s nationally ranked programs:
- A state-of-the-art competition venue with 3,500 seats and amazing sightlines
- Featuring locker rooms, coach’s offices, and customized practice spaces for all three programs
- Hosting abilities for both ACC and NCAA Tournament competition and high school state championships
Sports Performance Complex
- A functional and modern training area, featuring 25,000 square feet of cutting edge equipment and space for strength and conditioning instruction
- A contemporary sports medicine facility, making prehab and rehab more accessible and thorough
- All health, performance, and wellness for our student-athletes will be addressed and elevated
- Indoor Track & Field ComplexMore
Indoor Track & Field Complex
Serves as the catalyst to return close to 85 men and women track & field and cross country student-athletes to Oakland following more than 20 years off campus, along with a new home for the Pitt Marching Band
- An eight-lane, 300-meter indoor track
- Incorporates the needs of our student-athletes who compete in field events
- Creates indoor training opportunities for all 19 teams and the Pitt Marching Band when not being utilized by our track and cross country programs
- Hosting abilities for both ACC home meets and local community events
- Provides a home for the Pitt Marching Band with a band rehearsal hall, storage, training and learning spaces
- Adds a satellite strength and conditioning area within the new indoor track building
- Petersen Sports ComplexMore
Victory Heights represents a significant transformational opportunity, supported by Chancellor Gallagher and the Board of Trustees as a University-wide priority that will immediately boost the trajectory of Pitt Athletics by…
- Providing Pitt with unrivaled competition, practice, sports performance, sports medicine and wellness facilities, impacting more than 85% of our student-athletes on a daily basis
- Demonstrating our commitment to a culture of comprehensive excellence
- Elevating our facilities in a competitive way to contend in recruiting the nation’s most talented student-athletes and coaches
By integrating Athletics’ vision within the larger goals of the University’s Campus Master Plan, these new facilities bring an unprecedented opportunity to…
- Showcase and maximize the unique benefits of a University with a world-class education, Power 5 athletics program, and a top tier medical system, all within an urban city environment
- Prioritize the importance of health, wellness and the overall experience for our student-athletes
- Compete within the ACC, where ten different conference institutions have fundraised between $100-550M toward their respective athletics facilities within the past four years
The time for action is now.
Victory Heights will change the student-athlete experience at the University of Pittsburgh. This transformational build will require an aggressive fundraising effort. We're asking for your help; help us make this aggressive vision, a reality." -Heather Lyke
For more information about the Victory Heights project or making a gift, please contact Brady Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org.Invest Today
Having elite level facilities shows that we are serious about winning championships here. Our student-athletes will now have everything they need to become their best.
— Coach Keith Gavin